a: 2600 Capitol Ave., Suite 320, Sacramento, CA 95816
Ashley West is a corporate and real estate lawyer deeply committed to her clients’ success. She operates primarily out of our Sacramento office, serving clients both local and global.
Mergers and Acquisitions. Ashley West has closed over $3 billion in mergers and acquisitions, including asset acquisitions, stock purchases, and mergers, across a diverse set of industries including hospitality, health care, technology, manufacturing, insurance, retail, solar, and mining.
Business and Real Estate Transactions. Ashley serves as outside general counsel to many of her clients, troubleshooting operational issues, providing general corporate counseling, and negotiating mergers and acquisitions, commercial agreements, leases, and financing. Ashley counsels corporate boards, officers and management on day-to-day and strategic business decisions, often advising them as to their fiduciary duties, contracts, trademarks, real estate matters, sales of goods, vendor agreements, license agreements, collateral issues, contract disputes and other operating issues. Ashley has formed over 300 companies. She has represented corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies through all stages of growth and development from formation to sale. Ashley regularly negotiates and prepares agreements for the sale, lease and finance of real estate.
Awards; Community Involvement
- Best of the Bar (Sacramento Business Journal, 2013, 2014)
- A Woman Who Means Business (Sacramento Business Journal, June 27, 2014)
- One of 40 Women Leaders in Law in the State of California (The Recorder, September 13, 2012)
- Outstanding Community Service Award (The Unity Bar and Women Lawyers’ of Sacramento, October 25, 2012)
- Top 40 Under 40 (Sacramento Business Journal, April 27, 2010)
- Sacramento’s Board Member of the Year (Volunteer Center of Sacramento, October 30, 2009)
- California’s Outstanding Board Member of the Year (California Coalition Against Sexual Assault, May 28, 2008)
- Member, Board of Directors, WEAVE Inc. (2005 to present); Board Chair and President (2009 – 2011); Vice President (2008); Secretary (2006, 2007); Executive Committee (2006 – present); Fund Development Committee (2006 – present); Board Development Committee (2005 – present); Capital Campaign Committee (2005 – 2007)
- Architect, Fundraiser for WEAVE Legal
- Event Chair, Walk a Mile in Her Shoes for WEAVE Inc. (April 2011)
- Event Chair, Jeans for Justice Runway Show for WEAVE Inc. (2008)
- Board Member, Barristers’ Club of Sacramento, an affiliate of the Sacramento County Bar Association dedicated to providing educational and networking opportunities to new and young lawyers in Sacramento County (Executive Vice President, 2007 & 2008, Treasurer, 2005 & 2006)
- Volunteer with WEAVE Inc., the Sacramento Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the YMCA Model Youth and Government Program, and the California Bar Foundation of Legal Heritage Institute
- Juris Doctorate from Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee (2000)
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology with a Minor in Philosophy from the University of Missouri (1997)
Admitted to Practice
- California (2004)
- Previously: Missouri (2000), Florida (2002)